Throughout 2016 and 2017 the trend towards charities moving to Cloud computing has continued. Those who have made the move report many benefits such as improved cost-effectiveness and opportunities for mobile working of staff. Alongside the benefits there are still some reservations around the security of cloud based systems, along with questions around UK regulations of how and where data is stored. This training course will explore these issues, alongside key themes and trends from the world of cloud computing, providing an open view of its pros and cons.
This training course will not be highly technical and will pay special attention on the cost implications and implementation of cloud computing as well as cyber security associated.
Topics covered are:
- Definition and types of cloud
- Cost including CapEx vs OpEx
- Aspects to take into account before moving to the cloud, during and in case of leaving or changing provider
- Examples of what can go wrong and how to solve it
- Cyber security of cloud based systems
- Data protection and the ICO’s expectation, GDPR
- The cost of not having detection systems in place
- Live demo on detecting data leakage
By the end of this course, attendees will:
- Understand the pros and cons of moving to the cloud
- Be able to identify which cloud is best for their organisation, including the costs associated with it Understand the process they have to follow when adopting this technology
- Know what security risks their organisation might face
Who is the session aimed at?
This course is ideal for both existing users of cloud, who want to keep up to date and those considering using cloud, who want to understand more about it. Especially designed for CEOs and FCOs who are either the decision maker or heavily involved in the decision making process.